Norwich – St Luke’s Church
Our Original Norwich Location – St Luke’s Church
61 Aylsham Road, Norwich, NR3 2HF.
The longest running Invidia Voices group takes place at St Luke’s Church, Norwich, providing a home for our Tuesday and Thursday groups. You’ll feel relaxed and invigorated in this wood-panelled space with excellent acoustics and comfortable chairs.
Invidia Voices was born in St Luke’s Church, Norwich. With around 50-60 members attending most sessions there is a busy, vibrant feel together with an inclusive vibe. Halfway through the evening tea and biscuits are provided, giving you pause for refreshment and a chance to catch up with other members.
Matt Emerson, the founder of Invidia Voices is the coach for both evenings at the venue. An experienced coach who loves nothing more than bringing people together in musical harmony, he strives to make everyone feel welcome in the inclusive atmosphere.
You will be welcomed to the group by our fantastic buddies, Martin (left) Sandra (middle) and Amanda (right), who will answer all of your questions and make sure you have everything you need to start singing!
Tuesday evening runs from 7.00pm to 8.30pm and Thursday from 7.30pm to 9.00pm. We suggest arriving 15-20 minutes early for a prompt start. There is a dedicated off road car park at the venue.
If you would like to try out our Norwich singing group, then why not come and have your first two sessions on us?
Follow this link to sign up for your first Free Taster (Tuesdays).
Follow this link to sign up for your first Free Taster (Thursdays).
In case you would like to learn a little bit more about our Norwich tutor Matt, we have quizzed him for your benefit:
- Your Favourite Invidia song:
Fairytale of New York.
- Your biggest pet peeve:
When no one lets you go at a junction. How rude!
- Your tipple of choice:
- If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would you choose and why?
24… Because I didn’t have a bad back then!
- If you could choose anyone in the world, alive or dead, who would you choose as your mentor?
- If you could learn how to do anything to the highest standard, what would it be and why?
Kuk Sool Won Martial Art because it stands for everything I want my life to be about.
- If you could go back to the age of 21 and give yourself 3 pieces of advice, what would they be?
Travel more before having kids, cut out sugar from your diet & start a website called Facebook! ;P
- Name 3 items on your bucket list:
Swim with Great White sharks, World school my children, Go on a Bear Grylls survival weekend!
- What was the first thing you bought with your own money?
A computer game that didn’t work from a car boot sale…:/
- Musical Guilty Pleasures that you don’t really want to admit to (go on):
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Day Trade.
- What job would you be absolutely terrible at? Day trading.
- If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance of winning gold for?
Speed nappy changing!
- If you had infinite funds to build the house of your dreams, what would the finished house look like? 100% eco off-grid, ocean view.
- What’s your claim to fame? Chatting up the “Cheeky Girls” at a gig!
- What can’t you live without (apart from friends and family)?
A good quality frying pan!
- What is something you think everyone should totally do at least once in their life?
A paid gig.
- Apart from musical instruments, what’s worth spending more on to get the best of?
- Apart from the obvious (i.e.: any social media sites or YouTube / Netflix / Amazon / Google etc), what website do you visit most often?
- What are you absolutely determined to do / achieve in the next 12 months?
Go to Costa Rica!