Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USING THE INVIDIA VOICES WEBSITE.
Welcome to our website.
The term ‘Invidia Voices” or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 49 Gordon Avenue, Norwich, Norfolk, NR7 0DP.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of United Kingdom.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
- INVIDIA VOICES ETHOS AND CODE OF CONDUCT
- MEMBERSHIP FEE
- TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
- PERFORMING WITH INVIDIA VOICES
- ACCEPTING CHILDREN INTO THE CHOIR
- AUDIO/VISUAL/PHOTO DISCLAIMER
- USE OF THE FAMILY DISCOUNT MEMBERSHIP
- T-SHIRT ORDERS
1. INVIDIA VOICES ETHOS AND CODE OF CONDUCT
At Invidia Voices, we believe that everyone can sing and everyone will enjoy doing so, provided they are in the right frame of mind and have the right support. We can all sing for pleasure and have a great time doing so. Invidia Voices aims to provide anyone who wishes to explore their voice with a safe environment in which to do so amongst like-minded people and at their own pace.
We also believe that attitude is paramount. We are positive happy people, who do not judge others and are extremely supportive of each other.
As such our Ethos is very simple. Invidia Voices is:
In order to ensure that all Members and Tutors have a positive experience in line with our Ethos, we have the following Code of Conduct. By becoming a Member (or by working for Invidia Voices) you agree to adhere to the following Code:
- We are supportive of each other and each other’s journey.
- We do not judge (and are accepting of) other people’s performance and singing ability.
- We have zero tolerance for racism, sexism, homophobia, ageism or any other judgement made of people’s lifestyle or life choices.
- We do not laugh – or even point out – when someone makes a mistake. But if they are confused and ask for our help, we are always happy to give it.
- We believe in values such as integrity, honesty and morality – and we like to make sure that the things that we say and the things that we do are in alignment.
- We do our best and that is good enough.
- We don’t believe in being negative, moaning or indulging in drama. We like to focus on what’s going right.
- We are welcoming, warm and friendly to all new tasters. We are aware how hard it may be for them to walk through that door and join in with the singing for the first time.
- We never hard sell. We want people to join us because they are overjoyed to do so, not because they felt pushed into it. At the same time, we are proud to provide them with a system that makes it easy and hassle-free for them to join when they are ready to do so.
To ensure a pleasant and enjoyable environment for everyone involved, Invidia Voices reserves the right to terminate the membership of any Member, without notice, who is seen to violate our Code of Conduct or Ethos. Invidia Voices Tutors reserve the right to ask a member or visitor to leave a rehearsal or performance if their behaviour is disruptive towards the group or the tutor.
2. MEMBERSHIP FEEs
MONTHLY PAY PLANS
Our price is £38 per month as of 1st October 2023. We do not offer a concession rate, however if you are joining with a family member you can enjoy a slightly discounted rate of £63 for two people.
Please note that we do not offer refunds for any missed sessions. This includes planned holidays, sessions missed due to sickness or sessions not attended due to adverse weather or travelling conditions. Members who wish to take a break from the choir for more than one month will be offered a payment holiday whereby their membership and direct debit will be paused until they are able to return, although this must be pre-agreed and refunds will not be granted retrospectively for missed session. Members are encouraged to attend alternative sessions to catch up on the sessions they have missed!
3. TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP:
When a member decides to leave Invidia Voices – Rock & Soul Choir, we are not going to make this hard for them. We believe that “tie-in periods” or long notice periods for termination are unhelpful and unfair, so all we ask of our members is that:
They inform us IN WRITING (this can be via email) stating that they wish to terminate their membership and giving us some feedback as to their decision. We request that they give at least 3 working days notice before a payment is due to come out so that the direct debit can be cancelled in time.
That’s it. Done. We will then take care of cancelling the direct debit. Alternatively, they can cancel the direct debit directly with their bank (at least 3 working days notice before a payment is due) however we request that we still have written confirmation so that we are aware the direct debit has not been cancelled in error.
Please note: because we make it so easy for our members to cancel their Direct Debit and membership, and provide a wide variety of sessions for them to attend, we regret that we cannot issue any refunds of membership fees at all, as they are often requested because the member failed to cancel their Direct Debit in time, or because the member failed to attend a certain number of sessions in the month. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
4. PERFORMING WITH INVIDIA VOICES
Invidia Voices Ltd. reserves the right to charge private clients a PA Hire Fee to cover the use, upkeep and depreciation of our audio system (as well as setting up, sound-checking, setting down and transporting the system to and from the venue), and any conductor’s time. Our members will never be charged to attend a performance, neither will they be financially rewarded to do so. Performances are never compulsory but they are provided for those members who wish to use them as a social outlet as well as a means to gain more experience of singing to an audience
5. ACCEPTING CHILDREN INTO THE CHOIR:
Invidia Voices welcomes children into the choir and we have many young people who take part already. However, we cannot take responsibility for any children under the age of 18.
- If a child is under the age of 12, they MUST be chaperoned by a parent or guardian. This person does not have to be a member of Invidia Voices unless they wish to participate in the session. If this is a case a membership must be set up for this person.
- Children aged between 12 and 16 are allowed to attend rehearsals on their own, however a waiver MUST be signed by a parent/guardian stating that they are happy for their child to attend the rehearsal on their own and that they understand that Invidia Voices will not accept any responsibility for the child during that session or during performances (download our Waiver)
- Children aged 16-18 can attend rehearsals on their own without a waiver being signed however Invidia Voices cannot accept responsibility for them.
6. AUDIO / VIDEO / PHOTO DISCLAIMER:
During choir rehearsals or performances, we may take pictures or video-record parts of the session to use as promotional material, for advertising purposes both on and offline. By signing up for a free taster and/or signing an enrolment form you hereby grant permission to the rights of your image and sound of your voice as recorded on audio or video without payment, permission or any other consideration. Your image may be copied, exhibited, edited, published or distributed and waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein your likeness appears. You waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of your image or recording. This material may be used in diverse educational and promotional settings, both on and offline, within an unrestricted geographic area. This permission signifies that photographic or video recordings of me may be displayed via the Internet. This release has no time limit or geographic limitation on where these materials may be distributed. This release applies to any photographic, audio or video recordings collected as part of any Invidia Voices rehearsal, social gathering or performance of any kind, whether in our rehearsal venue or elsewhere. By signing up for a free taster or signing an enrolment form, you formally acknowledge that you have read and fully understand the above disclaimer and agree to be bound thereby and release any and all claims against any person or organization utilizing this material for advertising, marketing or educational purposes.
7. USE OF THE FAMILY DISCOUNT MEMBERSHIP
- To take advantage of the Family Discount, new members must sign up at the same time using one enrolment form.
- The Family Discount Membership is only available to up to four members of the same family and is limited to the following: spouses, parent/child, grandparent/grandchild, siblings.
- This discount cannot be applied to any other family members including in-laws, cousins, nieces and nephews.
- Membership must be paid in bulk from one account. We cannot accept separate direct debit payments from people using the Family Discount.
- Only one discount can be applied per membership i.e. you cannot be on the Family Discount Membership and also on the concession/buddy rate.
- Family Discount is applied only to the full price Membership amount of £33.75/£45, it cannot be applied to any other discounted rates.
- Existing members are responsible for changing their direct debit over to a Family Discount Membership. Invidia Voices cannot be held responsible for additional fees paid by members who do not change their direct debit or cancel their old direct debit in time.
- Current members are responsible for contacting the office if they have not received the necessary information needed to change their direct debit (e.g if you do not have the same last name, we may not know you are related).
- Click here to see a full list of our membership prices.
8. T-SHIRT ORDERS:
Please note: refunds are NOT available on t-shirts unless faulty.
Should a member decide to end their membership, we cannot take their Invidia T-Shirt/s back.