The Invidia Ethos and Code of Conduct
At Invidia Voices, we believe that everyone can sing and everyone will enjoy doing so, provided they are in the right frame of mind and have the right support. We can all sing for pleasure and have a great time doing so. Invidia Voices aims to provide anyone who wishes to explore their voice with a safe environment in which to do so amongst like minded people, and at their own pace.
We also believe that attitude is paramount. We are positive happy people, who do not judge others and are extremely supportive of each other.
As such our Ethos is very simple. Invidia Voices is:
In order to ensure that all Members and Tutors have a positive experience in line with our Ethos, we have the following Code of Conduct. By becoming a Member (or by working for Invidia Voices) you agree to adhere to the following Code:
- We are supportive of each other and each other’s journey.
- We do not judge (and are accepting of) other people’s performance and singing ability.
- We have zero tolerance for racism, sexism, homophobia, ageism or any other judgement made of people’s lifestyle or life choices.
- We do not laugh – or even point out – when someone makes a mistake. But if they are confused and ask for our help, we are always happy to give it.
- We believe in values such as integrity, honesty and morality – and we like to make sure that the things that we say and the things that we do are in alignment.
- We do our best and that is good enough.
- We don’t believe in being negative, moaning or indulging in drama. We like to focus on what’s going right.
- We are welcoming, warm and friendly to all new tasters. We are aware how hard it may be for them to walk through that door and join in with the singing for the first time.
- We never hard sell. We want people to join us because they are overjoyed to do so, not because they felt pushed into it. At the same time, we are proud to provide them with a system that makes it easy and hassle free for them to join when they are ready to do so.
To ensure a pleasant and enjoyable environment for everyone involved, Invidia Voices reserves the right to terminate the membership of any Member, without notice, who is seen to violate our Code of Conduct or Ethos.