Bury St Edmunds – All Saints Church Group
Wednesday nights, 7.30 until 9.00 PM.
All Saints Church, Park Road, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 3QW
Like all our group venues, All Saints Church is a modern space, with disabled access, a ramped entrance, parking, toilets with disabled access and of course kitchen facilities for all those important cups of tea.
The Bury group is led by our tutor Tomas Frankson, a locally based musician, producer, mentor and tutor (phew!). Tomas has performed at a number of prestigious festivals including Glastonbury – the perfect candidate to lead our Bury based ROCK and soul choir don’t you think?
Our tutors usually prompt and accompany the choir using a keyboard, however, Tomas likes to change things up and you very well might have your session lead by guitar!
We hope to see you in Bury soon, just bring yourself and a drink of water and have a good ol sing song with us!
Want to start singing with the Invidia Bury St Edmunds group? Click here to claim your 2 Free Taster Sessions and join this new and vibrant group!
In case you would like to learn a little bit more about our Bury tutor Tomas, we have quizzed him for your benefit:
- Your Favourite colour: Turquoise – and the arguments that follow, is it blue or green?
- Your Favourite Book (or top 3 if you can’t choose!): 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
- Your Dream holiday destination: Iceland (but I did that last week) Next is Asia.
- Your biggest pet peeve: Fake politeness.
- Your tipple of choice: Gin (Hendricks) Tonic & Cucumber.
- If you could choose anyone in the world, alive or dead, who would you choose as your mentor? King Henry VIII (…kidding) Actually, my Dad.
- If you could learn how to do anything to the highest standard, what would it be and why? Fly – arguably there is improvement to be made on falling with style. Why? I really hate driving in traffic.
- What would you name the autobiography of your life? “Just assume I’m joking and we’ll be fine”.
- What was the last movie that made you cry? Time Travellers Wife or About Time, can’t remember (Time really gets me ok!)
- Name 3 items on your bucket list: 1) Tour 2) Have a Playlist A track on Radio 1 3) Own my own studio space.
- What was the first thing you bought with your own money? Destiny Child ‘Say my Name’ single on CD (huge tune).
- If you could change your name to anything, what would you choose and why? John Smith – Privacy/Anonymity.
- Musical Guilty Pleasures that you don’t really want to admit to (go on): Moulin Rouge.
- 14: Your perfect weekend: What I’m doing this weekend with my GF: Gym, Breakfast, Shopping, Dinner, Blues Kitchen in Shoreditch, Going Out Out Out, Slow Sunday morning, Italian Food market in South Bank.
- If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance of winning gold for? Losing guitar picks – I’m almost all the way through a pack of 1000, which I only bought in May.
- If you had infinite funds to build the house of your dreams, what would the finished house look like? Lots of Glass & Metal – probably a like a museum with nothing in it.
- What are the small things that make your day better? Tea / Coffee, Memes.
- What’s your claim to fame? I’ve shared stages with lots of artists who are currently dominating radio & the charts. Will Heard, the 1975 & Bastille once played support for one of my previous musical project.
- What can’t you live without (apart from friends and family)?” Music – I had 4 days off whilst in Iceland last week and I couldn’t wait to get home to play/sing again.
- What are you absolutely determined to do/achieve in the next 12 months? Release more original music.